I love to code


I said I was done for the day more than 6 hours ago, but I love to code, I couldn’t stop. I wanted to implement a small feature: make the creation of new weights simpler for the common case and I did it:


Note: That change is not yet deployed. I don’t play with servers while I’m half-asleep.

This took awfully long. The problem was that in the process I’ve found a bug in Formtastic, which made me realize I was running version 0.2.4 when the latest version was 0.9.2. That is because I was using justinfrench-formtastic:

config.gem 'formtastic', :lib => 'justinfrench-formtastic'

when I should have been using formtastic from gemcutter:

config.gem 'formtastic'

When I moved to 0.9.2 I’ve found two bugs on it, one was temporary solved and then reverted (and I fixed it by reverting the revertion) and the other is still there but I’m not 100% confident my solution is the appropriate one. At any rate I forked Formtastic in GitHub, fixed the bugs and made a merge request.

Conclusion: Git is great, GitHub is great, Formtastic is great, open source is great, Rails is great and yes, I am great ;)

Leave a Reply

You may also like:

If you want to work with me or hire me? Contact me

You can follow me or connect with me:

Or get new content delivered directly to your inbox.

Join 5,043 other subscribers

I wrote a book:

Stack of copies of How to Hire and Manage Remote Teams

How to Hire and Manage Remote Teams, where I distill all the techniques I've been using to build and manage distributed teams for the past 10 years.

I write about:

announcement blogging book book review book reviews books building Sano Business C# Clojure ClojureScript Common Lisp database Debian Esperanto Git ham radio history idea Java Kubuntu Lisp management Non-Fiction OpenID programming Python Radio Society of Great Britain Rails rant re-frame release Ruby Ruby on Rails Sano science science fiction security self-help Star Trek technology Ubuntu web Windows WordPress

I've been writing for a while:


%d bloggers like this: